1. Policies, Terms, and Conditions
| | Written by Super User | Hits: 125
This policy is about the way we look after your personal information, and so that we comply with the Privacy Act 1993 (“the Privacy Act").
NZSSB is an administrative body for harness racing within New Zealand. Its purposes are:
- To contribute to and drive growth within the harness racing industry;
- To provide effective and efficient support services; and
- To help regulate the harness racing industry
NZSSB’s functions include:
- Registration of horses for various race series and races administered by NZSSB
- Management and distributions of funds for participants
- Working with Harness Racing New Zealand and registered Harness Racing Clubs to:
- Promote the growth and development of age group harness racing;
- Promote and grow the breeding of standardbred horses;
- Promote and grow the ownership of standardbred horses.
We will only collect personal information from you for the abovementioned purposes and functions.
When collecting personal information, we will let you know:
- any particular purposes;
- who has access to the information and where the information is held;
- information which must be provided either by law or otherwise;
- information which is optional; and
- you have a right to request access and to request correction of your personal information.
We will collect information from you in a fair manner:
- Unless required for a specified and necessary purpose, you will not be electronically recorded including not being photographed, videotaped or audiotaped without your knowledge and, if necessary, consent
- If you wish to discuss anything in private, then we will provide opportunity for such a discussion, subject to the personal safety requirements of any other policy.
You may choose to control or remove cookies through the settings in your web browser. However, please note that, if you choose to disable all cookies, this may affect your ability to use some features on our website.
Storage and Security of Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps:
- to protect personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification and disclosure
- to ensure that prior to use, personal information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
We keep personal information either on a secure server or in a secure physical location. Personal information is accessed only by authorised staff. If personal information is not in use then we close the electronic file or put the physical file away.
If we need to work away from the office then we ensure that any personal information travels securely (it is on a password protected computer or device, in a briefcase or fully enclosed envelope, file or folder) and is not left unattended or visible from the outside of a motor vehicle. We also take all reasonable steps to ensure personal information is not accessed by unauthorised people away from work.
We do not send out your personal information unless we are reasonably confident it will get to you or to a person who is allowed to receive the information. We use encryption if necessary.
It is unacceptable for any of us to intentionally breach the Privacy Act, read or copy personal information when unauthorised to do so, or use personal information for a purpose other than NZSSB purposes and functions without consent.
If we have a security breach, we will follow the Privacy Commissioner’s guidelines.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information by you
You or your authorised agent (authority must be provided to us in writing) may ask us whether personal information is held about you, and have access to such information if it exists, subject to the exceptions contained in the Privacy Act. Access is not limited to “the file” and may include diary notes and/or other material in separate files.
You may request access to your personal information that is held by NZSSB. Requests to access your personal information should be made to:
The Secretary, New Zealand Sires Stakes Board Inc., PO Box 9289, Tower Junction , Christchurch 8149.
In these circumstances we will:
- Verify your identity;
- Provide assistance to you if necessary;
- Transfer the request if personal information is not held by us and we are aware of another agency holding your personal information;
- Identify if personal information is held, and identify if any personal information is required to be withheld pursuant to sections 27-29 of the Privacy Act;
- Respond to your request as soon as practical but no later than 20 working days after the request is made (unless it is necessary to seek an extension);
- Provide information in the way asked by you unless to do so would impair efficient administration. This can include: providing an opportunity to inspect a file (under supervision to protect the integrity of the file and to provide explanations if necessary), providing you with a copy of any document, furnishing oral information about a file’s contents and giving a summary of the contents;
- If the request for access is declined, we will explain why the request is declined and advise you of your right to complain to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
If you say that information held is incorrect (and we agree) or a staff member is aware that incorrect information is held, we will take all practicable steps to have the file corrected immediately with any change noted carefully to ensure that an adequate audit trail of changes exists.
If we do not agree with a request for correction, then you will be given an opportunity to have a statement of correction held with the information. The information and correction will be held in such a way so that anyone accessing the file will see both the information and the correction.
Retention and Disposal of Personal Information
We do not keep personal information for longer than is necessary without consent from you, unless required by law.
If your personal information is to be destroyed then documents will be destroyed in a confidential and secure manner; and with expert assistance if disposing of computer-based material.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We do not disclose personal information to third parties, except that we may do so in the following circumstances:
- if the disclosure aligns with one of our purposes;
- if the situation is covered by one of the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act;
- if we are required by law to release the information.
We may use electronic images for our newsletters and/or website if the image is taken in a public area, or with the consent of the person/s in the image.
We do not give personal information out over the phone or send out personal information by email/post unless we are reasonably satisfied that the receiver is an authorised person to whom personal information may be disclosed.
We will ensure any complaints or disciplinary processes will also include a consideration of privacy. This may mean that a complainant may not know of action taken against another person (if any) as a result of an investigation into a complaint.
If we receive a request for personal information from the Police, process servers, bailiffs or other Government Officials then the request will be managed by our Privacy Officer or their delegate.
We will promptly investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve the matter. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure or we have not responded to you with a determination within 20 working days then you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner: http://www.privacy.org.nz
Returns and Refunds PolicyRETURNS AND REFUNDS POLICY
New Zealand Sires Stakes Board Incorporated (NZSSB) is an administrative organisation of harness racing within New Zealand — accepting nominations and sustaining payment fees for the various race series and races it administers. All race series and races are subject to the Rules of Harness Racing New Zealand.
All payments are received in accordance with the conditions of entry for each particular series or race as the case may be, and refunds for payments received will only be made in accordance with those conditions as advertised. Reasons for refunds may be:-
- At the time of paying the nomination fee or the sustaining payment fee the horse is deemed ineligible for the particular series or race that the payment is being made for.
- Overpayment of nomination or sustaining payment fees
- Upon written application, the NZSSB may elect, at its sole discretion, to refund a payment based on ‘special’ circumstances.
- You have a fourteen (14) days grace period from the date of making payment of your nomination fee or sustaining payment fee where you must contact us to discuss any issues with your refund request.
- Requests for refunds after the fourteen (14) days grace period will not be considered.
- Your original NZSSB receipt is the best form of proof of fee payment.
- Refunds will be issued using your original payment method. Credit card refunds must be processed back onto the original credit card. Unfortunately we cannot offer a refund or exchange on Transaction Fees involving any horse or person or their participation at any race meeting.
Refund Processing Timeframes
If we have issued a refund and you have not received the refund within a reasonable time:
- You must contact your bank, credit card company or financial institution.
- NZSSB cannot be held liable for processing times of your bank, credit card company or financial institution.
Website Terms and Conditions of UseWEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Important: Terms and Conditions of Use of this Website
By using this website you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with them, you are not authorised to use the website.
- This website and its contents are subject to copyright which is owned by the New Zealand Sires Stakes Board Inc. (“NZSSB”) and/or third parties. NZSSB is a New Zealand incorporated society, incorporation number: 371266, with its registered office at Level 1, 17 Birmingham Drive, Christchurch, 8011, New Zealand.
- NZSSB does not grant you any intellectual property rights in this website, its applications, interface or contents. You must not make any unauthorised use of any trademark displayed on this website.
- We do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of any information you derive from using this website and we exclude liability for loss or damage arising from any errors or omissions in this website or your use of this website (including any interference with or damage to your computer system). If any liability is not able to be excluded by law, we limit our liability to the resupply of the relevant information or services.
- You release NZSSB, its employees and agents to the fullest extent permitted by law from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of material or information made available through this website.
- Prices listed on this website and terms and conditions of any kind relating to products or services displayed on this website may not be current or complete and therefore under no circumstances constitute an offer or undertaking by NZSSB. All prices on this website are in NZD (New Zealand Dollars). We make no representation that the products or services listed in this website are all currently available.
- This website may contain links to external websites owned and operated by third parties. NZSSB does not sponsor, guarantee or approve of any material or representations in those websites. Nor do we warrant that material on linked websites is free of any computer virus, defects or infringements.
- You must only use this website — and you must only display, copy, distribute download and print portions of this website — for your own personal use. You must not attempt to change, reproduce, add to, remove, hack or interfere with this website or its material.
- We cannot guarantee any file, data or program available for download from this website (or any linked website) is free of viruses and you assume the risk of any damage to your computer as a result of using this website. This website may be inaccessible from time to time due to events outside NZSSB’s control or maintenance requirements.
- NZSSB offers you access to this website and the functionality attached to this website but reserves the right to charge a fee for this service in the future (no fee is currently applicable).
- Our website may contain links to other websites and those third party websites may also collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of websites that are linked to our website. NZSSB encourages you to be aware when you leave this website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects user data and personal information.
- Security and storage: NZSSB places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers, clients and contractors. We have security measures in place to attempt to reasonably protect personal information under our control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. All personal information held is kept securely and that personal information held electronically is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
- NZSSB will retain the information you provide to us including your contact and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. Payments are processed through the secure Windcave system. Any credit card details stored for payments are done so on the Windcave system. No credit card information is stored by us and Payment Express protects personal information – at a minimum – to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards. Any and all transactions in relation to your account or payments made by credit card will be charged in New Zealand Dollars, including any invoice or remittance advice provided to you.
- Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.
- No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users' personal information, NZSSB cannot ensure or warrant the security of any data, including users’ personal information, transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once NZSSB receives your transmission, it makes every reasonable effort using industry standard technology to ensure the security of your transmission on our systems.
- You are responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
- Verification of identity is required with a request to access (or update) personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you.
Access to and correction of personal information
- NZSSB is committed to and takes reasonable steps to maintain accurate, timely, relevant, complete and appropriate personal information about our customers, clients and website users.
Category: Payment Dates / Entry Fee Payment